A 34-year-old woman and her 3-month-old son have been electrocuted at Bowa matopeni village in Kwale County.
Reports say the deceased who was carrying her son was passing near a power line that had toppled.
africanewsplus gathered that the power line fell over two weeks ago and was not switched off despite posing as great danger to the locals.
Residents say the line went off this morning following heavy rains that had pounded the area, making the soil loose.
Residents are crying out to the authorities and KPLC to look into the matter, saying that several other poles are in varying stages of rot, putting locals at risk.
Mwinyi Mwasera the Waa Ng’Ombeni ward MCA said the efforts by the residents to Kenya Power to correct the power default in the area fell on deaf ears
He now wants the officers in charge of electricity in Kwale to bear the responsibility of the deaths and resign.
Human Rights Agenda official Mwinyi Hajj said they have taken up the matter and will be suing Kenya Power for negligence.
The bodies of the two were taken to the Kwale funeral awaiting their autopsy.